Today marks the end of the first trimester! It is truly inspiring to see how far we have come in such a short amount of time.
The end of our first trimester also lined up to our family's first camping trip. Along with a few other families, my parents, my sister, my Aunt, our nanny and her husband we set off for a State Beach site, just 20 minutes North.
The preparation was overwhelming at times. Growing up, all of our family vacations were camping. I really don't know how my parents did it with four children. They are amazing! There were definite times that I questioned, "Is all of this prep worth it?" It would have been much easier to pull up to a resort or hotel. All my doubts went away the minute we unloaded and got settled. In no time at all, my boys were covered in dirt. There is something so precious about seeing a 3 year old play in the dirt with his friends. I know that my sons will be bonded with these friends that they have camped with for years to come.
It was so relaxing to sit around the campfire with family and friends, drinking wine and telling stories. It makes me realize how I rely on the tv or computer way too much. The quality time of just talking is priceless. My theory on family trips is that you have to have a balance. Sure, I love staying at resorts and can spa with the best of them but it is also nice to camp. Kids need nature and it adds so much to their development. It is okay for my kids to get dirty and not have toys every second. That being said, I just booked a Hawaii trip for the fall:)
We also celebrated my twin's 3rd Birthday while we were camping. We had an impromptu pinata, that my sister brought. Next year I will probably do a party for them but it was so nice just to have an intimate setting and not have to worry about a big production. I still have to pinch myself that they are 3 years old. It seems like just yesterday, I was juggling feedings, diaper changes and baths. They have grown into active, lovable, good human beings. I love them with all of my heart. I know that they will embrace Eliassen #5 with open arms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment