These past two weeks, our daughter was celebrated with two glorious baby showers. At first, I was hesitant to have showers due to the immeasurable generosity that friends and family have already shown us. I decided that that I wanted this child to be celebrated to the fullest extent. Our journey has been a miracle and it feels right to share in our happiness and blessings with those closest to us.
Our first shower was hosted by my closest girlfriends in town. These ladies are truly amazing, kind, loving and fun people. Sharing in the experience of motherhood with this particular group has added so much joy and laughter to my life. Every detail of the baby shower was perfect, from the yummy food and wine, gorgeous decorations and mellow vibe, it was lovely. I am so honored that our surrogate came to the shower. Every time I see her, I feel such a sense of respect, loyalty and gratitude. Many of my friends and family got to meet her for the first time. She is truly amazing!
My second shower was a co-ed party hosted by my mom, mother-in-law and sister. My children came to this one as well as my nephews and niece. My Aunt, sister and brother-in-law and husband's family came from LA and that made the occasion all the more special. It was great to share in the experience with my husband and children.
My mother-in-law had a Vietnemese caterer which was superb. I think Vietnemese food is becoming my new favorite obsession! My husband opened all of the gifts, which was a nice role reversal:)
The generosity shown by all of the people in our lives is incredible. I have to pinch myself that I am surrounded by such love.
As the weeks get closer and I see our surrogate's growing belly, my baby girl is so REAL! In quiet moments, I can just envision her delicate face and picture holding her in my arms. In such a short time, I will be a mommy again, all I have ever wanted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! This is so exciting. I love reading your updates, Marcy. Can't wait until she's here.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Less than 2 months to go! : ) Oh and Vietnamese = YUMMY Ranks right up there with Thai!
ReplyDelete