Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Room is Officially PINK!

As much as I have resisted all things "pink", the baby's room is now pink. I am not opposed to pink but I have always gravitated to blues, yellows, greens and even lavender. Well, my girly side has come out and I am relishing in tutus, flowers, hearts and yes, PINK!

I still can't believe in less than 10 weeks we will have another member in our family. The excitement is contagious and I am thrilled to be able to be a parent to both boys and now a girl. I can't wait to see the differences in behaviour and the kind of relationship I will have with them as the three grow and mature.

The first year of the boy's life was a whirlwind. I hope that the slower pace of one baby allows me to stop and enjoy the small moments a bit more. My boys have such an incredible bond from sharing a womb and all of life's experiences. I hope that they protect, love and embrace her into their special world.

I have been so fortunate to enjoy a few recent outings with our surrogate and her children. They are so easy to be around and I treasure the time we can spend with them. We all headed to the beach when we had the nice weather a few weeks ago. It was so fun to see our boys building sandcastles together. These moments reemphasise our decision to use a local surrogate. She has embraced me, my husband and children. We have truly felt part of the pregnancy and all the details involved. I have no doubt that when our daughter arrives, our surrogate and her children will continue to be involved in our lives. This treasured friendship will endure.

At the beach, we got an up close look at our surrogate's belly. She is measuring perfectly for 30 weeks. There is no doubt she looks pregnant and is one of the lucky few who carries the pregnancy all in her belly.

I feel so incredibly blessed right now in all areas of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment